Election Information

Anyone new to the Town should contact the clerk about voter registration. To obtain an absentee ballot, visit If you have not requested a ballot online in the past, you will be asked to upload a voter ID. Your sample ballot can also be found at

2024 Elections

  • February 20 - Spring Primary
  • April 2 - Spring & Presidential Preference Election
  • August 13 - Partisan Primary
  • November 5 - General Election
  • Election results and Provisional Ballots can be found after each election on the Portage County Website.

    Voter registration is conducted in the Sharon Town Hall during office hours as well as on Election Day.

    The Sharon Town Hall is accessible to elderly and disabled persons.

    Polls Open -- 7:00am
    Polls Close -- 8:00pm
    Voting Location -- Town of Sharon Hall - 6704 State Hwy 66, Custer, WI 54423

    State of Wisconsin Election Websites

  • My Vote Wisconsin
  • Photo ID Information
  • Wisconsin Elections Commission

  • Election Forms

    Forms can be downloaded from the Elections Commission Website.
    The most commonly downloaded forms are linked here.

  • Application for Absentee Ballot & Instructions (EL-121)
  • Application for Voter Registration & Instructions (EL-131)